Thursday, April 4, 2013

Before I Knew

unedted: before i knew i had dysgraphia i was confused. i knew that there had to be something wrong but i diddent know what so i kept looking for the answer. i looked at dyslexia but i could read really really well so well i was sevral gades above what i was supposed to be so that was quickly ruled out i looked at add or adhd because i have such a hard time foucousing for that my pairents had me tested for the same reasoni was thinking i might have it but again i was wrong and diddent have ether so i looked more into dyslexia and add trying to find out what was wrong with me. then in fourth grade i was askes to be a typicle kid in one of my moms friends studies i dont remember exactly what they had me do but im guessing some of it had to do with writeing or spelling cuz her friend pointed out that i probly had dysgraphia and a little while later he officaly diagnosed it. now you would think "hey that must have cleared up everything and now she knows whats wrong" you would have been right had my pairents chosen to tell me i would have under stood it better but they diddent i kept looking for answers and never finding one by the time my pairents told me i was leaning twards haveing a very strange case of dyslexia. after they told me i still diddent really understand what it ment and kinda used it as an excuse. when i entered tenth grade that changed i started getting more info on it off the internet and started to understand what it ment and what pices of it i had and thoses i diddent. that is where i am now learning more about it and trying hard to understand why its happiningto me and to others.


Edited: Before I knew I had dysgraphia, I was confused. I knew that there had to be something wrong, but I didn't know what. So I kept looking for the answer. I looked at dyslexia but I could read really, really well. So well, I was several grades above what I was supposed to be. So that was quickly ruled out. I looked at ADD or ADHD because I have such a hard time focusing. Because of that, my parents had me tested. For the same reason I was thinking I might have it, but again I was wrong and didn't have either. So I looked more into Dyslexia and ADD trying to find out what was wrong with me. Then in fourth grade, I was asked to be a typical kid in one of my mom's friend's studies. I don't remember exactly what they had me do, but i'm guessing some of it had to do with writing or spelling because her friend pointed out that I probably had dysgraphia. He was actually the one who officially diagnosed it. Now you would think, "Hey that must have cleared up everything and now she knows whats wrong." You would have been right had my parents chosen to tell me. I would have understood it better,  but they didn't. I kept looking for answers and never finding one. By the time my parents told me, I was leaning towards having a very strange case of dyslexia. After they told me, I still didn't really understand what it meant and kinda used it as an excuse. When I entered tenth grade, that changed. I started getting more info on it off the internet and started to understand what it meant and what pieces of it i had and those I didn't. That is where I am now, learning more about it and trying hard to understand why its happiningto me and to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment