Sunday, February 9, 2014

bandaids

now i know that this is just my opyon and it doesn't rein true for everyone and all learning disabilities but i believe that accommodations are like bandaids they work for the time being but they don't work in the long run like spell check for me it works until i stump it and when that happened i have to resort to going through a dictionary again (witch is a pain if you don't know how to spell what your looking for its basically guess and check) like i will often spell something so badly that no matter what i do i can't get it close enough for spell check to pick up. and with not handwriting anything it works till my computer crashes then i have to hand write and my notes are illegible and typing doesn't help grammar. there are also problems with similarly spelled words that have two very different meanings. i think that the bandaids work for small amounts of time but eventually we need better and longer lasting bandaids to take over

Edited:
Now I know that this is just my opinion, and it doesn't ring true for everyone and all learning disabilities, but I believe that accommodations are like bandaids. They work for the time being but they don't work in the long run. Like spell check. For me, it worlds until I stump it, and when that happens, I have to resort to going through a dictionary again (which is a pain if you don't know how to spell what you're looking for, it's basically guess and check). Like, I will often spell something so badly that no matter what I do, I can't get it close enough for spell check to pick up. And with not handwriting anything (using a computer instead), it works until my computer crashes, then I have to hand write and my notes are illegible and typing doesn't help grammar. There are also problems with similarly spelled words that have two very different meanings. I think that the bandaids work for small amount sod time, but eventually we need better and longer lasting bandaids to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment